Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Power of Priesthood

Last night I as able to help perform a priesthood blessing for my friend Anny. I was already at the apartment and Anny was pretty sick from what I can tell. I'm not really sure what it was, but it made her vomit earlier in the day, and was keeping her from moving or talking much. Her Roommates called one of their FHE brothers to come over for the blessing, and he came over soon after. I, being inexperienced in such things, performed the anointing. Their FHE brother sealed the anointing and gave the blessing. It was such an amazing experience! I could feel the spirit so strong whlie he spoke, and he blessed her that she would be able to go to all her classes and keep up with her work. Today, when i went to devotional, I sat with them, and Anny was back to being herself, and said that she felt all better. For my first time ever participating in giving a blessing, I'd say that was a pretty big Faith-builder. I knew the that the priesthood worked, but that was the first time that I had ever put it to use myself.

3 comments:

  1. cool tay. I know the power of the priesthood is real too. I just gave a talk that included a priesthood experience from my mission. give it a gander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome!!! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Tay. That was a cool story.

    ReplyDelete