Monday, October 20, 2008

The Rest of the Weekend

Saturday Afternoon, after that grueling game of frisbee, and a hot shower, I went to hang out with my friend Eve, who sort of reminds me of Marissa except She's Hispanic. (But yes, Marissa, She's as short as you are:) Anyway, we went on a walk to the park, and we talked there for about an hour and a half or so, and that was very good. Then I walked her back home, and then went to get ready for my dance lab.
Dance lab is a requirement for social dance, where you go to a themed dance and they play music that so that you can practice what you learned in class. There's only 5 in the semester and you only have to go to 2. this was my first one, and i met my dance partner, Elisa, there, and Rochelle, you'll be happy to know that i was able to remembered most of what you taught me in Cha-Cha INCLUDING cuban action. :) Near the end of that lab, I met up with some girls that i met at the beginning of the semester.
The dance ended at 9, and after talking to these girls for a few minutes, they invited me over to their appartment to watch chic flicks (they remembered that i had told them at the beginning of the semester that i actually enjoyed quite a few of them) so i went home and changed out of my formal clothes and headed over there. They had also decided to have a "roommate sleep over" which pretty much consisted of them moving all 6 of their matresses out into the living room, and sleeping on them. anyway, their mattresses were all out there, and we watched Pride and prejudice. Unfortunately, Curfew came around sooner than wanted and so i had to leave early. So I went home, and went to sleep.
I got up around 7 so i could make to ward council by 8 and church by 9. church was very good, and productive. afterwards, I went hometeaching, and got all 4 people in an hour and a half. After that, I went back home, and Went over to Eve's appartment again, and helped her revise an essay, and then make dinner and dessert, which i didnt eat but thats ok, I had dinner planned elsewhere anyway.
The girls fromt he night before invited me to go stadium singing with them, which is the BYUI equivalent of singing in the tunnel for all you provo people. So that was fun, and then we went back to their apartment, where all the matresses were sitll arranged on the floor. A pillow fight broke out and lasted for about 15 minutes, and then they decided that we were going to watch Enchanted. I was the only guy there excited about that... but thats ok, I got over it. Once again however, I had to leave before the movie got over.
That was Pretty much my weekend. Mom, You might be entertained to know that i have taken up your habbit of conducting the music I listen to while I walk from place to place. I've attracted Many ammused, confused, and just odd faces from people. That part is very entertaining to me though. :) Its interesting to really think about some of thses songs that i know very well, and realize that some of them have crazy time signiatures, and some of them are not nearly as complicated as they sound.
Anyway, sorry this is just a long block of text and no pictures, but I will try to take some and get some from my friends who have cameras.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tay sounds like you're having lotsa fun! How are your classes going? And yes, do post pictures if you get the chance- I would love to see pictures of you playing Ultimate, if you ever get any!

    ReplyDelete